Together in Transition
Living Lord is going through a pastoral transition. This page is dedicated to updating everyone on the current status of our transition and where we are heading for the future.
Spend Plan for 2020
Ministry Site Plan
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord…(Jeremiah 29:11)
Living Lord Lutheran Church is in a season of transition … a period of pastoral change.
· Last summer was filled with wonderful Farewell Celebrations for Pastor Roy Christell and Pastor Jim Erdman.
· We held listening sessions for our congregation to reflect on the past, present and speak about visions for the future of Living Lord Church.
As fall approached, we welcomed Pastor Lanny Westphal as our Transitional Senior Pastor and Louis Moehlman as our Transitional Ministry Associate. We have been blessed to have their spiritual leadership through this interim period.
· The last couple months have focused on executing the next steps of the transition plan.
We have completed Living Lord’s Ministry Site Profile (MSP). Potential pastoral candidates will read this document to learn more about our congregation.
We have elected a Call Committee tasked with identifying, interviewing, and recommending candidates to receive the call from Living Lord. The Call Committee will begin their work in February and will continue until they find a candidate for recommendation.
We are currently interviewing candidates for our Senior Pastor! More information to come as the process continues.
Our next Together in Transition meeting is going to be held online using GoToMeeting on Sunday April 26th at 10:30pm. Here is a link to the necessary information:
It is an exciting time at Living Lord Lutheran Church as God unveils the plans He has for us during this time of transition. For more information, please contact Jennifer LeClair– Council President (email@example.com or 636-447-9665) or Debbie Schroeder-Saulnier – Council Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-302-6649).
Your servants in Christ, Living Lord Congregation Council
In 2016, Living Lord formed a task force to develop our Pastoral Transition Plan. The plan was developed as "a step-by-step plan that will ensure the transition process will be treated with the respect it demands and that the process includes the time necessary to thoroughly and prayerfully evaluate and consider a decision that will guide Living Lord into the future."
Please feel free to download a copy of the plan below.
PASTOR LANNY WESTPHAL, TRANSITIONAL SENIOR PASTOR
As we said farewell to our dear pastors, Pastor Lanny Westphal agreed to come to Living
Lord to serve as our Transitional Senior Pastor. He is excited about this opportunity to
serve with us and says, "I am open to wherever God leads and the church calls me.”
· Pastor Westphal has had special training in transition ministry. He has served as
an interim pastor in Dallas, Texas, Bloomington, Ill., Winona, Minn., Dubuque, Iowa, and Cary, North Carolina. In his previous positions in the ELCA offices in Chicago and as Assistant to Bishop April Larson of the La Crosse Area Synod, his responsibilities included the call process, outreach, stewardship, companion-synod relationships and the Global Church Sponsorship program. Prior to that, he served for ten years as a parish pastor in Wisconsin and Minnesota. He also served as a short-term missionary teacher at a seminary in Ethiopia and studied in Europe during college and seminary.
· During the transition period, Pastor Westphal is serving as both pastor and consultant to help our congregation remain strong as we prepare to call our next pastor. He works with our council and staff to continue implementing our transition plan. He is not involved in the selection of our next pastor, nor is he available to be considered as a candidate for call to Living Lord.
· Pastor Lanny's wife, Mary, is a retired school counselor. Their home is near La Crosse, Wis., where he travels once a month to visit. One adult son, Carl, lives in Washington DC, and the other son, Mark, lives near Rochester, Minn. Lanny and Mary were recently made legal guardians of foster son, Jakwon, 14. They call him son and he calls them Mom and Dad, which warms their heart. And Pastor Lanny just became a Grandpa for the first time!
He enjoys getting to know the people of Living Lord. All are invited to “friend” him on Facebook or “follow” him on Twitter. He lives in our community and is available to provide the full range of pastoral care and services. His cell phone number is 312-608-8551 and his email address is